Is an unlock code purchase price a one-time charge, or is there an annual fee?
- When you purchase an unlock code, it is a one-time fee based on the
maximum number of names you want to enter.
- You also receive 12 months of FREE program updates (including free
upgrades as long as your unlock code is active), plus 12 months of free
basic (web- based or email-based) technical support, and phone support
for a nominal fee, or even free depending on the issue (i.e. we
typically do not charge for error messages).
- At the end of 12 months, we encourage you to renew your unlock code to
continue these benefits. Renewing your unlock code costs between $20 and $40 per year (see more information on pricing below).
- Even after 12 months ChurchTrac will remain unlocked and fully usable. However, if your unlock code has expired, ChurchTrac will
display a reminder about renewal and its benefits.
- While we encourage you to renew your unlock code each year, renewal is not required in order to continue
using the software. Renewal will remove the reminder prompts about renewal.
- We will not lock you out of the program or prevent you from
accessing data or printing reports.
Note: ChurchTrac's (optional) data sharing feature is a
subscription-based service that does have a recurring monthly or annual charge. If you don't
use or need the data sharing feature, then the cost of the data sharing does not apply to you.
What does renewal cost?
- Renewal costs are very reasonable. If you choose to renew your unlock code every 12 months,
the annual cost is only $39.99.
- For a little more, you can extend your unlock code's benefits to 2
or 3 years. When you do so, you can
save up to 50% on renewal costs. You can add the second year for an additional $30, then add the third year for
an additional $20. A 24 month unlock code will not prompt you to renew for 2 years, and a 36 month unlock code will not prompt you
about renewal for 3 years.
- You can also purchase an unlock code that never expires (it never
prompts you about renewing your unlock code). Add $129.99 to the cost of your unlock code
to purchase this option.
What do I get with my renewal? Why should I renew?
- Renewal helps to keep your up-front costs as low as possible.
Renewal stretches out our development and support costs over several
years, making your initial unlock code purchase more affordable. This is
one of the reasons why we're able to offer ChurchTrac for much less than
other church software companies.
- With previous versions of ChurchTrac you would have to purchase an "upgrade"
each year in order to continue getting the latest features and continued
technical support. With
ChurchTrac 8 & 9 we've eliminated upgrade charges for new versions--now you'll always have access to the
newest features (including free "upgrades" to new versions) as long as you keep your unlock code active by renewing.
(If you have an active ChurchTrac 8 account, you will automatically receive the ChurchTrac 9 version for free; however, you will
need to purchase a ChurchTrac 9 unlock code to continue to access your names.)
- Renewal gives you a big discount when you need to add more names.
If you renew your unlock code at the same time you purchase the ability
to enter more names, you'll get a 20 percent discount. Note: If your
unlock code's term has expired, you will have to renew it in order to
add more names--but you still get the discount!
- Your renewal includes unlimited basic (web-based or email-based) technical support,
plus phone support for a nominal fee, or even free depending on the
issue. After your unlock code's
expired, phone support will still be available, but you'll be charged
the regular rate.
- If your unlock code has expired, renewal will remove the reminders that the
ChurchTrac displays about renewing your unlock code. After renewal you
will get a new unlock code that won't
prompt you about renewing for an
additional 12-36 months.