A new ChurchTrac 8 update is available. This update should resolve several errors reported by some users (not all users are affected, but we still recommend installing this update as soon as possible). Additionally, this update adds several new features:
- Times are now displayed for events on the calendar-view report
- Two new date sorting options have been added to the user-defined field reports
- The data sharing setup process has been streamlined. You can now quickly set up multiple computers, as well as add a new computer, with fewer steps.
To install this update, open ChurchTrac and click on “Check for Updates” under the Welcome tab.
ChurchTrac has recently posted a video tutorial on how to use the User-Defined Fields. Check out this video and learn step-by-step how to better customize ChurchTrac to meet your congregation’s needs.
This latest update incorporates several fixes plus adds some new features. Here’s a summary of the changes:
- Primary phone number added to Detailed Family Report
- Fixed pledge entry issue relating to multiple pledge campaigns and envelope numbers
- Fixes applied for errors reported: 2296, 660, 13, 449, 3024, 3044, 32538, 3075, 3163 and 3343.
- Fixed potential issue with server locking
- Notes tab and Notes reports now have the ability to show future dates
- Fixed several possible installing errors that affect Windows XP when upgrading from a previous version.
- Added security/log-in check for Calendar screen
- Added some new report customization options
- Several other minor fixes and improvements.
Several of the errors that were fixed could be caused by problems with user-defined fields not be configured correctly. Please continue to report any errors you encounter. It is also helpful when users provide notes that help us to duplicate the problem. Your input and feedback is important. As with any software, we recommend that you install the latest updates as they become available for the best possible experience, and please report any problems. Thanks!