Upon occasion, you might run into this situation. You open ChurchTrac, and it says it can’t find your data file. Or maybe it has accessed an older version of your data or even the sample data file. There are several reasons why this may occur:
1. Your ctdata file may have been moved or deleted.
2. The ChurchTrac update may have connected to the wrong file.
3. Your data file has been renamed.
We’ve recently published a knowledgebase article on this topic to help you know what to do in each of these situations in order to restore your current data file. Click here to find out How to find and restore your missing data file.
Spring is a great time update your church directory. Once you have entered the photos into the People screen, ChurchTrac offers a variety of styles of directories for you to pick from.
1. You can choose one of the default directory options by first clicking on the Pictures tab on the People screen. Then click “Picture Directory” from the top tool bar. You can then select from the default directory options to create your picture directory.
2. You can also create custom picture directories by selecting Custom Reports from the top tool bar on the People screen. Creating a directory using Custom Reports will allow you to include email addresses or other fields you want printed in your directory. We have created two sample custom directories that you can copy from our knowledgebase article on How to Create Custom Picture Directories.
Picture directories are so easy with ChurchTrac and are a great way to help your members get to know one another and to learn each others’ names.
Spring is in the air — the flowers (at least if you live in the south) are beginning to bloom; and it is time to prepare for the clock to SPRING FORWARD an hour. Using ChurchTrac’s Automated Messaging System is great way to contact your members or your Sunday School teachers to remind them of the change. They won’t want to oversleep and be late!
If you have never used our Automated Messaging System, click here to try out our Free Trial Offer! Use your free credits to practice sending voice messages and texts. Once you find out how easy it is to use, you can then send information to your members about “opting in” their cell phones to the service if they would like to receive text messages from your church. To opt in, each cell phone should text your keyword (see this article on How to Use the Automated Messaging System) to 292929. Voice messages can be sent to regular phones without needing to “opt in.”
So you better start now, so you will be ready to use the Automated Messaging system before the big day on Sunday, March 11. After that you will want to use it to call groups to schedule/cancel meetings, pass along a prayer request, request volunteers, and so much more!
If you are new to using ChurchTrac software, make sure you start by clicking on the “Start Here” tab on the Welcome menu. Here you will find a video tutorial you can watch to learn how to get started and how to maneuver throughout the church software program.
It’s so easy. You’ll see!