In addition to the existing fields on the People Screen, you can also create and edit your own individual and family User-Defined Fields. In ChurchTrac, you can create an unlimited number of these custom fields.
To create a new User-Defined Field, click on "User-Defined Fields" on the People Screen toolbar. The "User-Defined Fields" window will open and allow you to get started.
1. Select which type of field you want to create: individual (information only applies to the individual person) or family (information applies to the entire family).
2. Select your Field Type. Once the field type is set, it cannot be changed.
3. Click the "Add Field" button.
4. For some field types, you have the option of selecting a Default Value for the field. When a new name is added to the database, the default value will automatically be assigned for those fields. For example, if the Newsletter Recipient field is set to default to "Yes," then all families added AFTER the default value has been set will be put on the newsletter mailing list.
5. Set the permission level for the field to establish which users can access it. If a user does not have access to the field, it will be hidden from them when they are logged in.
To edit a User-Defined Field, select the type of field you want to change: Individual or Family. Then click on the field name to edit the entry. Only the field name, default value, and permission level can be changed.
Hi! I can help you find answers in our support articles. You can also get connected to our support staff from this page.
How can I help?